Tae Kwon-Do Etiquette
Upon arrival at training sessions, students are expected to:
- Bow, when entering the training hall.
- Ensure that their attendance has been registered.
- Inform an instructor of any injury that may impair performance.
- Remove shoes and socks and place all belongings neatly on the mat.
- Ensure that uniform is neat and belts are securely tied.
- Go to the toilet before the lesson starts, if necessary.
- Responsibly practice techniques or sit quietly on the bench, until training commences (do not engage in sparring, without supervision).
During training sessions, students are expected to:
- Maintain an attitude appropiate for serious practice.
- Pay attention to instruction, explanation and/or demonstration – do not fidget or move.
- Keep talking to a minimum when practicing techniques with a partner, or group.
- Demonstrate appropiate posture – do not stand with arms folded, or slouch.
- Genrally, refrain from giving unsolicited feedback to other members, or instructors.
- Behave respectfully and courteously towards all members.
- Demonstrate self-control.
- Set a good example for lower grades.
Outside of training sessions, students are expected to:
- Practice appropiate techniques, at home.
- Refrain from using Tae Kwon-Do inappropiately – it should be used only in self-defence.